Wednesday, October 22, 2008

“Go to”

When David had fled and made his escape, he went to Samuel at Ramah and told him all that Saul had done to him. Then he and Samuel went to Naioth and stayed there.
1 Samuel 19:18

Who do you go to?

When you're running, stressed, can't take it anymore, who do you turn to? Do you have someone in your life that will speak truth to you?

David didn't turn to his friends or even his earthly father, but turned to his spiritual father, the prophet Samuel.

When running on empty is there someone you look to, to fill your tank, to refresh you. That's what Samuel
does for David.

Some say that David might have written this Psalm while he was with Samuel.

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
       whom shall I fear?
       The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
       of whom shall I be afraid?

 2 When evil men advance against me
       to devour my flesh,
       when my enemies and my foes attack me,
       they will stumble and fall.

 3 Though an army besiege me,
       my heart will not fear;
       though war break out against me,
       even then will I be confident.

 4 One thing I ask of the LORD,
       this is what I seek:
       that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
       all the days of my life,
       to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
       and to seek him in his temple.

 5 For in the day of trouble
       he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
       he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
       and set me high upon a rock.

 6 Then my head will be exalted
       above the enemies who surround me;
       at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
       I will sing and make music to the LORD.

 7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD;
       be merciful to me and answer me.

 8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
       Your face, LORD, I will seek.

 9 Do not hide your face from me,
       do not turn your servant away in anger;
       you have been my helper.
       Do not reject me or forsake me,
       O God my Savior.

 10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
       the LORD will receive me.

 11 Teach me your way, O LORD;
       lead me in a straight path
       because of my oppressors.

 12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
       for false witnesses rise up against me,
       breathing out violence.

 13 I am still confident of this:
       I will see the goodness of the LORD
       in the land of the living.

 14 Wait for the LORD;
       be strong and take heart
       and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27

Do you have someone who will pour life into you?

If not, seek after them.

It's been my experience that God has already placed them in our lives, but sometimes fear stops us from going to them. Ask God to give you the courage to go to them.

Sometimes we are just unaware of their presence. Ask God
not to hide their face from you.

Will you be that for someone else?

No comments: