Monday, January 25, 2010

Questions

I spent most of the morning with 16, 17, & 18 year olds who lost a friend named Trey in an auto accident on Saturday night.

As I spent time with them I was trying to recall how I felt nearly 30 years ago when a close friend of mine, Trey Jackson, was killed in a car wreck a block from his house.

A little over a year later my father passed away at the age of 46, I was 19.

What was I feeling?
What was going through my head at the time?

At that age death is tough, there are so many questions.

What about at your age?

What are your questions?

Are you looking for answers?

I think most of us don't bother.

Today I was reminded of Colossians 3:1 "You have been raised to life with Christ. Now set your heart on what is in heaven, where Christ rules at God's right side."

The phrase "set your hearts on" means a search or quest. The same word is used in the search for the lost sheep Matt 18:12), the lost coin ((Luke 15:8), the merchant looking for the pearl (Matt 13:45).

If that's the case, shouldn't we be on a diligent, active, single-minded search for Christ and Heaven?

Seek and you shall find…

No comments: