Thursday, January 7, 2010

Not sure?

6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:6-8

Have you ever been in a spot where you needed God to come through?

You know, those times where you are crying out to God to come to your rescue, to provide for you, to heal someone, etc.

You're desperate!

You're depending on God to come through, BUT if He doesn't, you're not sure what you will do…BUT you need a plan!

Remember this is about knowing what to do when you face trials; it's about wisdom to endure and thrive in spite of them. But ultimately it's about faith in God, who is the giver of all good gifts, and whether you trust Him.

We have a choice between drawing near to God in adversity and following His plan, or arrogantly following our own way.

James is saying is that we had better not ask for wisdom from God unless we are also willing to follow the wisdom He provides and trust His ways.

That got me to thinking about when I say "I'm not sure what to do".

I need to check to see if I've first asked God for wisdom and then secondly, am I truly committed to following His ways, do I trust Him?

No comments: