Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Limited understanding

I've had quite a few conversations lately about the price of fuel, haven't you? What has struck me during those conversations is how limited our view of reality truly is. I guess growing up in the most prosperous nation in the world can make you myopic. Most people I've run into have no idea of the conditions in the rest of the world; extreme poverty, famine, hunger, disease (which we have a cure for most), etc. Most have no idea of the size of two other nations and how their rapidly they are growing and their impact on our economy: China and India.

China has 4 times the population of the US (1.4 billion vs 300 million) and India is almost as large (1.13 billion).

That started me thinking about our limited worldview and how hard it is to comprehend the size of these two nations. If I can't comprehend that, how am I to comprehend the vastness of God?

Walk out tonight and look up, and then let's get over ourselves! He is really, really Big!

4 He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.
5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.
Psalm 147

No comments: