Wednesday, February 20, 2008

if?


"The biggest word only has two letters, it is the word if". - My baseball coach when I was 8
That small word drives our lives, think about it. "What if...
  • I fail
  • I can't find a spouse; a friend
  • I get sick
  • I can't find a job
  • I can't find a house
  • my marriage doesn't work
  • my friends leave me
  • war breaks out
  • if ___________ wins the election

Add your own.

"Once these questions guide our lives, we take out a second mortgage in the house of fear." - Brennan Manning

We do have a mortgage crisis in our country it's called fear.

I heard it once said that "fear is interest paid on a debt you may not owe."

  • 60% of our fears are totally unwarranted; they never come to pass.
  • 20% of our fears are focused on the past, which is completely out of our control.
  • 10% of our fears are based on things so petty that they make no difference in our lives

Of the remaining 10%, only 4% to 5% could be justifiable.

"In love there can be no fear, but fear is driven out by perfect love." - 1 John 4:18

"Make your home in me, as I make mine in you." - John 15:4

Live in Him today, live free!

No comments: