Monday, February 16, 2009

WOW

What an incredible week!

I've had the privilege of
baptizing 6 incredible people in the last 5 days!


They are all coming to understand what it means to be
reborn, remade, reconciled, and regenerated IN Christ!

What struck me as I was reading 1 John and thinking about last night's baptism was how
"RELATIONSHIPS MAKE LIFE RICH".

The fact that we can have a
relationship with our Creator is incredible by itself, but then He takes our earthly relationship to a whole new level!

I love doing baptism in the fountain on campus, here's why.

First, you never know who will walk by and the testimony it gives to the world!

Secondly, you are at an institution of higher learning; ok, what does that have to do with it?

We are commissioned by Christ to "go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

A
disciple is a learner, someone who has a deep intimacy with Christ and is learning His ways.

We are baptizing at an institution that is teaching the ways of the world and by our baptism we are proclaiming we are learning what it means to be a part of our Father's Kingdom!

Lastly, and this might seem like sacrilege to Seminoles!  On a campus that prides itself in being the "Unconquered", baptism is saying to the world
my sins have been "Conquered" by Christ and I am surrendering to Him!  I will not be conquered by evil!

Last night Drew went with me and as we left he said, with some disappointment,
"Sure were a lot of people here for only 3 people getting baptized!"

EXACTLY!

How INCREDIBLE is that?

"In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." Luke 15:10

The Heavens rejoice over one, shouldn't we?

Wednesday night and last night were an awesome display of how God is making us a family! 


Thanks for allowing me to be a part!

No comments: