Sunday, February 15, 2009

Truth

Today we rejoice in truth.

My prayer is that over the last week you have encountered God and have experienced His love for you! As you've come to understand just how much He loves you, you've learned to love Him with all of your heart, your soul, your mind and strength.

Today we gather to praise our God, the one and only true God, for who He is and what He has done for us!

We gather in His name, a name above all names!

We gather to praise Him because He is not distant, but a loving, relational God; Abba – our Father; Immanuel - God which walked with us; the Holy Spirit – God in us!

We gather to rejoice in the truth because He is!

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

We gather because nothing can separate us from His love!

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39

We gather because His love for us is extravagant!

"Keep company with God and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His
love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that."
     Eph. 5:2 (Mes)

We gather because He is!

9 Gather the nations together!
      Assemble the peoples of the world!
   Which of their idols has ever foretold such things?
      Which can predict what will happen tomorrow?
   Where are the witnesses of such predictions?
      Who can verify that they spoke the truth?

 10 "But you are my witnesses, O Israel!" says the Lord.
      "You are my servant.
   You have been chosen to know me, believe in me,
      and understand that I alone am God.
   There is no other God—
      there never has been, and there never will be.
 11 I, yes I, am the Lord,
      and there is no other Savior.

Isa 43:9-11

Rejoice in that truth today!

No comments: