Monday, September 8, 2008

Hide & Seek

"Early in the morning Samuel got up and went to meet Saul, but he was told, "Saul has gone to Carmel. There he has set up a monument in his own honor and has turned and gone on down to Gilgal."
1 Sam 15:12

Samuel went looking for Saul.

Why did he have to look for him?

Think about that…Saul ran, isn't that like us? Deep down inside when you know you're not following God, don't you want to run and hide? It's been that way since the Garden, "they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden" (Gen 3:8).

Saul preferred to be with his supporters rather than his teacher, whom would confront him with the truth. Don't we usually look for people who will support us in our disobedience?

Not only that, isn't it like us to start promoting ourselves, when we know we've done something wrong. I guess it might be our way of covering up, "yeah I didn't obey, but look at what I did do!"

We've got to quit living for this world, if you do you will to tend to run away from truth and look to build up yourself.

As a Christ-follower, I've got to keep my eyes fixed on my true home, remembering that this life is preparation for my next. I must seek out people who love me enough to speak truth in my life and fight the urge to hide.

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
       test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,
       and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139:23-24

Are you running from people who will speak truth into your life?

Did you see yourself in Saul? If so, then you're probably headed down a path that leads no where, turn and go the other way!

Or maybe, you need to
get up
and
go look for someone, and
speak truth
in their life.

No comments: